| Job Reference: IDMT-2013-10 || Closing Date: 2013-08-05 |
The advertised position is assigned to the research department “Personalized Hearing Systems” which conducts research in the field of integration of rehabilitative hearing technology in media and communication devices, such as television and MP3 players as well as cell, VoIP or hands-free telephones, in order to significantly improve hearing for persons with normal and reduced hearing in different hearing situations. The advertised position offers the possibility for doctoral study as part of a PhD program through the University of Oldenburg within the Joint Research Academy of the “Hearing4All” cluster of excellence.
• Demanding and varied tasks
• Possibility of linking PhD-relevant research with application-related work from industry
• Close cooperation with the globally recognized Oldenburg hearing research institutes
• An outstanding technical infrastructure
• Excellent opportunities for vocational further education
• An open-minded, dynamic team
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a
Doctoral Student for Personalized Hearing Systems
• Recording individual, primary auditory parameters by means of psychoacoustic and audiological measuring methods for users with normal hearing
• Recording sound preferences in different application scenarios, e.g. telephony, TV, car
• Development of prediction models for optimizing sound settings based on individual preferences
• Implementation of the developed models in processes for individual sound adjustment
• Process implementation in technical prototypes and demonstration scenarios
• Presentation and publication of technical implementations and study results
• Participation in industrial projects and internally in the working group “Personalized Hearing Systems”
• University or engineering graduate in physics, electrical engineering, computer science or a related subject with a very good grade
• In-depth knowledge in the fields of audio technology, audio signal processing, psychoacoustics and/or auditory modeling, proof ideally in the form of relevant diploma or master’s thesis
• Experience with methods for recording personality characteristics would be an advantage
• Programming knowledge in Matlab and/or C/C++
• Fluent command of written and spoken English
• Good German language skills
• Independent, structured and careful work approach
• Curiosity and interest in personal development at the interface between research and practical application
Appointment, remuneration and social security benefits based on the public-sector collective wage agreement (TVöD).
The working time consists of 19,5 hours per week.
The position is initially limited for 3 years.
In case of identical qualifications, preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft is committed to providing equal career opportunities for men and women.
For further information please contact:
please send your entire application (including convincing, job-related letter) only as e-mail to email@example.com.
For more information please visit our website at the following URL: