All personal data from your application and all attachments you provide on this site are collected, processed and used by Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft exclusively for the purpose of storing, evaluating, assigning and forwarding your application.
Your personal data are mutually accessible to the respective human resources employees in the Fraunhofer Institute(s) to which you are applying and will be made available to managers in individual cases. The latter are prohibited from using the data for purposes other than those mentioned above. Provided you have given your prior consent, human resources employees can recommend and make your personal data accessible to human resources employees at other Fraunhofer Institutes throughout Germany.
The personal data of all applicants are stored on a server in a Fraunhofer computer center in Sankt Augustin in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations of the Federal Republic of Germany.
You have the right to have any personal data deleted, to withdraw your application(s) or to correct inaccurate data at any time by logging in with the profile name assigned to you by e-mail and the password chosen by you, and editing your profile accordingly.
If you do not arrange for your data to be deleted, it will remain stored for a maximum of 6 months after completion of the application process, even if the applicant is previously rejected by the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft. If you do not submit a new application to the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft with your existing profile within these 6 months, your data will be archived in anonymous form. They will then be used for statistical purposes only. You will no longer be separately informed about this action.
You have the right,
Information on your right to object in accordance with Article 21 of the GDPR
- in accordance with Article 7, 3. of the GDPR, to withdraw at any time the consent you communicated to us. As a result, we must discontinue the processing of data to which you consented;
- in accordance with Article 15 of the GDPR, to obtain information on our processing of your personal data. You can, in particular, request information on the following: purposes of data processing; the category of personal data; the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed; the envisaged period for which the data will be stored; the existence of your right to request rectification or erasure of your data, or restriction of processing of your data, or to object to such processing; the existence of your right to lodge a complaint; where personal data are not collected by us, any available information as to their source; the existence of an automated decision-making process, including profiling and, possibly, meaningful information about the logic involved;
- in accordance with Article 16 of the GDPR, to obtain without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you, or to have incomplete data completed;
- in accordance with Article 17 of the GDPR, to obtain the erasure of personal data that we have stored concerning you, unless the processing of said data is necessary: for exercising the right to freedom of expression and information; for compliance with a legal obligation; for reasons of the public interest; or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- in accordance with Article 18 of the GDPR, to obtain restriction of processing of your personal data, provided that: you contest the accuracy of the data; the processing of your data is unlawful yet you oppose its erasure; we no longer need the personal data but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21 of the GDPR;
- in accordance with Article 20 of the GDPR, to receive the personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or to have those data transmitted to another controller; and
- in accordance with Article 77 of the GDPR, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority in your usual place of residence, your workplace, or our corporate headquarters.
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you which is based on Article 6, 1. (e) of the GDPR (data processing in the public interest) and Article 6, 1. (f) of the GDPR (data processing for the purposes of legitimate interests), including profiling under Article 4, 4. of the GDPR based on those provisions.
Where you object to processing, we will no longer process your personal data, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Where you object to processing of data for direct marketing purposes, we shall no longer process your personal data for such purposes. In this case, it is not necessary to specify a particular situation. This also applies to profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing.
If you would like to make use of your right to object, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are hired, the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft can transfer personal data from your application and all attachments you entered via the online application to your electronic personnel file.
Contact details of our data protection officer: datenschutz(at)zv.fraunhofer.de