Fraunhofer IESE is the top address in applied research in the area of Software and Systems Engineering, and counts among the top employers in Germany. With over 150 employees, we support companies from all domains and of all sizes in addressing all strategically relevant challenges resulting from the Digital Transformation and from Industry 4.0. With our integrated software and systems engineering approach, where competencies regarding topics such as architecture, requirements, processes, data, UX, safety, and security are crucial, we help to develop smart systems for the future that can be relied on in every respect.
As part of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft, the leading organization for applied research in Europe, we offer motivated applicants challenging work with plenty of responsibility and room for creative freedom as well as a pleasant work atmosphere. For the area of Requirements Engineering, we are looking to hire at the earliest possible date a highly motivated employee for the area "Business Analysis / System Analysis Requirements Analysis “ to conduct high-level research and industry projects.
What we expect from you
- Master degree or German Diplom degree, preferably in computer science (from a university or university of applied sciences) or in a comparable discipline; PhD (optional)
- Sharp perceptive faculties, strong analytical skills, self-initiative, creativity
- Ability to cope with pressure, flexibility, ability to work in a team
- Strong communication skills
- Professional experience in software development projects or associated consulting projects (> 5 years)
- Experience with trends and technologies in the area of information systems
- German language skills, minimum level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
What you can expect from usYou will be a member of our User Experience und Requirements Engineering team, which conducts exciting publicly funded projects as well as projects with partners and customers from business and industry, with a high degree of personal responsibility, goal orientation, and a focus on success. In industry projects, your main task will be to improve or sustainably establish our customers‘ processes in the area of requirements and business analysis. In addition, you will also perform tasks independently and actively on behalf of our customers in order to develop their requirements on new IT systems or software products.
To do so, you will use state-of-the-art elicitation and specification techniques as well as corresponding software tools, which we are continuously expanding and optimizing ourselves, driven by customer and research projects. Thanks to your professional experience in relevant areas, you will be able to very quickly take over responsibilities and management tasks in projects with our industry customers.
The institute’s dynamic research environment continually provides new opportunities for gaining experience in handling current technologies and trends, or for strengthening existing experience. If you already have a PhD, you will also take on responsibilities in managing research projects. In the context of such projects, we also offer the opportunity to do a PhD if you do not have one yet. If you choose this path, you can make use of existing synergies to get your PhD from the Department of Computer Science at the University of Kaiserslautern. With our research results, we are always at the cutting edge of technology. Your tasks will therefore essentially comprise:
- Execution and coordination of industry transfer projects and consulting projects
- Execution and coordination of research projects
- Writing of scientific publication
What we offer:
- Challenging tasks with plenty of responsibility and much room for creative freedom in an attractive, internationally oriented and interdisciplinary work environment
- Collaboration in exciting projects with our world-leading experts
- Modern workplace and excellent IT infrastructure in an architecturally very appealing, modern building complex
- Continuous education and training to make you fit for the future
- Flexible working hours
- Very good infrastructure – cafeteria, on-site fitness room, child care center directly connected to IESE, etc.
- A region where quality of life is highly valued:
- Unique location at the edge of the Palatinate Forest – approx. 45 min. by car to France, Luxembourg, Rhine-Neckar metropolitan area, and approx. 1 h to Frankfurt/Main
- Generous and affordable apartments and houses to rent and to buy, excellent infrastructure for families (e.g., preschool places), great diversity of sports (incl. outdoor!), etc.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft is committed to providing equal career opportunities for men and women.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas. In short, we forge the future.
We will be happy to answer them:
Department User Experience
Dr. Marcus Trapp
Mrs. Petra Wulff
|Job Reference: IESE-2017-11||Closing Date:|