Embedded in a worldwide network of clinical and academic partners, Fraunhofer MEVIS develops solutions for image-supported early detection, diagnosis and therapy. Strong focus is placed on cancer as well as diseases of the circulatory system, brain, breast, liver and lung. Our goal is to detect diseases earlier and more reliably, tailor treatments to each individual and make therapeutic success more measurable.
Our Lübeck site is an internationally recognized centre for image registration with excellent connections to the University of Lübeck and the University Hospital Schleswig-Holstein.
You are highly interested in image registration, machine learning or high performance computing?
So please send us an application!
What we expect from you
- an excellent Master's degree in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or Physics
- enthusiasm for medical imaging or medical data science
- excitement about building, designing and optimization of complex numerical algorithms
These additional skills would be advantageous
- experience with image registration
- knowledge in image processing, particularly medical imaging
- background in scientific computing, inverse problems, computer vision
- C++ programming language
That's what your application documents should include:
cover letter, CV, diploma, references, transcripts of records, publications.
What you can expect from us
- an outstanding research environment as part of the BioMedTec Campus Lübeck
- an attractive working environment in the highly innovative medical data and image areas
- opportunities for additional training, qualification, PhD
- flat hierarchies and a young, enthusiastic and interdisciplinary team
- a work place in the most beautiful hanseatic city of Lübeck, 15 km from the Baltic Sea
The position is initially limited for 2 years.
Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft places a high value on the equality of men and women in the workplace. Women are underrepresented in this field, so we especially look forward to applications from women. Family and career are balanced through flexible work hours, part-time opportunities, parent-child spaces and emergency childcare.
Employment of persons with disabilities is also a high priority for us and a candidate with disabilities who possesses equal qualifications will be given preference.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
|Job Reference: MEVIS-2017-6-L||Closing Date: 31.01.2018|