Fraunhofer FIT is renowned for conducting R&D on user-friendly smart solutions that blend seamlessly in business processes. Our clients benefit from more efficient processes and increased quality, internal connectivity and staff satisfaction. FIT is the partner of choice for digitization, Industry 4.0 projects and IoT solutions. Our researchers work in interdisciplinary teams and combine insights from computer science with questions from other fields.
Your focus will be in research and development with regard to components and applications in national and international research projects, as well as projects for business customers. You will take part in open-source research and development and liaise with project partners and customers. You can expect an innovative and creative working atmosphere with flat hierarchy in an interdisciplinary and international team. Fraunhofer FIT encourages and supports its staff to extend and enhance their qualifications and offers a specific doctoral program.
What we expect from youYou have successfully completed a degree in Computer Science, Media Informatics, Business Information Technology or equivalent (Master’s degree or equivalent, Diploma). You have good experience in user-centered software development and provide experiences in human-machine interaction, usability and user experience.
Apart from that, you have profound knowledge in one or several of the following areas:
- Creative methods for requirements engineering and user-centered design
- Rapid prototyping; experience with tools such as Axure or Invision
- Design tools, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, GIMP
- Software architecture and system specification
- Agile methods, such as Scrum, Kanban etc.
Since FIT works variously at an international level, we require a good command of English together with good German. Your strengths include the ability to present work results to customers and research partners. Our team oriented work atmosphere requires communication and team work skills and the willingness for business trips and presentations on fairs and conferences.
What you can expect from us
- Challenging tasks with plenty of responsibility and much room for creative freedom in an attractive, internationally oriented and interdisciplinary work environment
- Flextime lets you optimize your personal work-life balance. Part-time is also possible
- Support for compatibility of family and career, such as parent-child office, emergency care, holiday care, and consulting services for home and eldercare
- Various sports and health courses
- Job ticket
The position is initially limited for 2 years/extension possible
In case of identical qualifications, preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft is committed to providing equal career opportunities for men and women.
This vacancy is also available on a part-time basis.
Please call for further information:
Dr. Markus Eisenhauer
Phone: +49 2241 14-2859
Dr. Marc Jentsch
Phone: +49 2241 14-2210
Dr. René Reiners
Phone: +49 2241 14-2615
|Job Reference: FIT-2017-15||Closing Date:|