In this position, challenging tasks from the field of application development and medical (real-time) image processing are awaiting you. You will be embedded into our multi-disciplinary research- and software development team in Bremen, which is developing the MEVIS software platform for interventional radiology in terms of architecture, algorithms, visualization, application scenarios and quality assurance for Windows, MacOS and Linux systems. The spectrum of projects ranges from publicly funded projects to direct developments for industry and according to the corresponding international norms. Thereby, the application focus is on planning, navigation and assessment for focal tumor therapy and catheter based interventions.
We develop methods and software prototypes, which are evaluated and validated by clinical partners in real clinical practice, as well as components for the integration into medical products. You will have the opportunity to publish your research and development results and to present at international conferences.
What we expect from you
- solid experience in object oriented software development, ideally with Python and C++
- an above average graduate university degree (M. Sc.) with or without PhD in one of the relevant majors (computer science, electrical engineering, computer graphics, mathematics, physics, etc.)
- capabilities for both self dependent work and team work
- interest in scientific research
- good command of English language
In addition, the following skills will be advantageous
- knowledge in medical image processing or visualization
- knowledge in hardware interfacing
- experience with medical image data formats (DICOM)
That's what your application documents should include:
cover letter, CV, diploma, references, transcripts of records, publications
What you can expect from us
- you will work in a young and interdisciplinary team and create algorithms and software for academic, clinical and commercial use
- our in-house development environment MeVisLab enables cross-project developments and re-use of a multitude of modules implemented in C++ and Python
- you will get in touch with our worldwide clinical project partners, e. g. several excellent university hospitals
- we offer several opportunities for additional training and education
- you are free to plan your own working time within our trust-based working model
- our involvement in the "Technologiepark" at the University of Bremen allows our employees to benefit from several privileges (e. g. cafeteria hall, university sports programmes, language courses)
The position is initially limited for 2 years.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft attaches great importance to the professional equality of all genders. Women are underrepresented in this field, so we especially look forward to applications from women. Family and career are balanced through flexible work hours, part-time opportunities and emergency childcare.
Employment of persons with disabilities is also a high priority for us and a candidate with disabilities who possesses equal qualifications will be given preference.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
|Job Reference: MEVIS-2017-20||Closing Date:|