Ever been told to shut up?
Show them by teaching computers to speak out loud.
You will develop, implement, evaluate and document user-centered systems for natural language processing. Furthermore, you may integrate, test, and do research on prototypes that you helped develop. You will also communicate and coordinate activities with project partners as well as internal and external stake holders.
The »Audio and Media Technologies« department develops world-class audio processing technology. Audio and media technologies at Fraunhofer IIS is one of the largest organizations in the world for audio and speech processing. Over 200 engineers and scientists develop first-rate audio technology which is sold world-wide, in Europe, USA, China, Korea and Japan.
In the past 25 years, Fraunhofer IIS repeatedly won international competitions in the audio and media field: e.g. with mp3 and codecs of the AAC-family. You will be part of the Audio and Media team.
What we expect from you
- Master’s degree with technical affinity (e.g. Computer Sciences, Computer Linguistics, Human-Computer Interaction) or in related non-technical fields (e.g. Linguistics, Psychology, Sociology) with track record of technical application
- Interest in language processing
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
- Self-direction and capacity for teamwork
What you can expect from us
- Opportunities to bring your ideas into life and to push frontiers in research and applications of language processing
- Involvement in diverse activities and the chance to assume responsibility within interdisciplinary teams
- An open and friendly work atmosphere
- Flexible hours and access to various services for a proper work-life-balance
- Working in a vibrant research environment
In case of identical qualifications, preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft is committed to providing equal career opportunities for men and women.
This vacancy is also available on a part-time basis.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Have we piqued your interest?
Please send your complete, written application (PDF format: cover letter, curriculum vitae, references) quoting the reference number IIS-2018-AME8 to: Claudia Kestler-Böhm
Additional information about the institute is available on the internet at: www.iis.fraunhofer.de
|Job Reference: IIS-2018-AME8||Closing Date:|