You love programming and have a passion for high quality audio reproduction?
If so, we have the perfect job offer for you!
In the Semantic Spatial Audio Rendering group of the Audio and Media Technologies division, we develop advanced audio reproduction techniques that enable consumers to enjoy high quality spatial audio reproduction through easy to use, compact consumer audio devices – such as a new generation of immersive soundbars.
As a software developer within our team, you will implement the latest algorithmic developments for spatial audio reproduction in C/C++ and optimize their performance. Additionally, you will evaluate software stability under real-time conditions and create specifications and technical documentation for the new and existing software. You will be part of a team of audio enthusiasts and contribute to the development of cutting edge audio technology.
We are looking for a new team member that
- Has an interest in audio reproduction and the desire to challenge the state-of-the-art
- Has the ability to quickly become acquainted with existing structures and new subject areas
- Thinks pragmatically and is able to get things done to make a product a success
- Has the ability to contribute to the development of new audio signal processing algorithms
The research team for audio and media technologies has been working on audio and image coding as well as multimedia technologies for more than 25 years, and made a name for itself due to its significant contribution to the development of mp3 and AAC.
Fraunhofer audio technologies can be found in more than ten billion devices and has already been licensed by more than 1,000 companies.
What we expect from you
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field with the experience as outlined
- Excellent knowledge of C/C++ for real-time embedded applications is required
- Expertise in optimizing, maintaining, and testing of existing C/C++ code
- Experience with MATLAB is beneficial
- Know-how of signal processing, especially audio signal processing, is beneficial
- Experience in programming on different DSPs is a plus
- Experience in building audio processing or reproduction devices is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
What you can expect from usThe Fraunhofer IIS offers an extremely attractive working environment in a highly innovative key industry. You will work in a dedicated team in which you will be able to contribute your own ideas and enjoy substantial creative leeway. Regular further training and top equipment are as much a matter of course as a corporate culture characterized by good working relationships.
In case of identical qualifications, preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft is committed to providing equal career opportunities for men and women.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Please send your complete, written application (PDF format: Cover letter, curriculum vitae, references) quoting reference number IIS-2018-AME20 to: Claudia Kestler-Böhm
Information about the institute is available on the internet at: www.iis.fraunhofer.de
|Job Reference: IIS-2018-AME20||Closing Date:|