Do you have a passion for music or movies?
Are you interested in developing the latest audio and media technologies and applying them to future products?
In that case, we have the right position for you!
In this position, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the future of entertainment electronics, communication and media technologies. You develop algorithms that will one day make mobile telephone conversations sound crystal-clear. You bring 3D sound to television, cars and virtual reality applications. You will give computers a voice, create artificial intelligence and help make science fiction reality. You will make sure that Hollywood can create and process digital motion pictures. And you develop production tools for lightfield recordings. These and many other exciting activities await you.
Fraunhofer IIS established a name for itself around the world thanks to the development of the mp3 and AAC audio codecs, which enable more than 10 billion devices worldwide and which has already been licensed by more than 1,000 companies. Furthermore, software solutions for the creation and playback of digital motion pictures have been developed at Fraunhofer IIS and we have made cinema digital thanks to the DCI test plan.
What we expect from you
- University degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or related field
- Programming experience in C/C++ and/or MATLAB
- Ideally, knowledge of digital audio signal processing and the field of acoustics – alternatively, know-how in media production and image processing or experience in application development, particularly in Android or iOS environments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, which is required for international collaboration
What you can expect from us
- The chance to participate in challenging development work on new audio and media technologies
- Diverse projects with a high degree of real-world applicability
- Personal development through training and education programs
- Work-life-balance (flexible working hours, programs that promote a balance between your personal and career life)
In case of identical qualifications, preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft is committed to providing equal career opportunities for men and women.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Have we piqued your interest?
Please send your complete application (PDF format, cover letter, curriculum vitae, references) quoting the reference number IIS-2018-AME33 to: Claudia Kestler-Böhm
Information about the institute is available on the internet at: www.iis.fraunhofer.de
|Job Reference: IIS-2018-AME33||Closing Date:|