Embedded in a worldwide network of clinical and academic partners, Fraunhofer MEVIS develops solutions for image-supported early detection, diagnosis and therapy. Strong focus is placed on cancer as well as diseases of the circulatory system, brain, breast, liver and lung. Our goal is to detect diseases earlier and more reliably, tailor treatments to each individual and make therapeutic success more measurable.
An important part of the field of image-guided therapy (IGT) is "radiology beyond the eye": Patient specific image data is augmented by the simulation of processes that are not directly visible in the image data. Current emphasis of our work is the numerical simulation of focal tumor therapy and blood flow. Thereby we also consider the uncertainties in the simulation of therapies or physiological processes that result from noisy input data and patient specific material parameters.
You are interested in the field of modeling and numerics?
You are fascinated by the application of uncertainty quantification or high performance computing in practically relevant medical problems?
So please send us an application!
What we expect from you
- an excellent graduate degree (Master or PhD) in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or Physics
- enthusiasm for numerical mathematics and medical applications
- expertise in the areas of scientific computing or inverse problems
- experience in the implementation of complex numerical algorithms for simulation and optimization in C / C++
The following skills will be advantageous
- experience in application development and visualization
- knowledge in image processing, in particular in the medical domain
That's what your application documents should include:
cover letter, CV, diploma, references, transcripts of records, publications
What you can expect from us
- you will work in a young and interdisciplinary team and create algorithms and software for academic, clinical and commercial use
- our in-house development environment MeVisLab enables cross-project developments and re-use of a multitude of modules implemented in C++ and Python
- you will get in touch with our worldwide clinical project partners, e. g. several excellent university hospitals
- we offer several opportunities for additional training and education
- you are free to plan your own working time within our trust-based working model
- our involvement in the "Technologiepark" at the University of Bremen allows our employees to benefit from several privileges (e. g. cafeteria hall, university sports programmes, language courses)
The position is initially limited for 2 years.
Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft places a high value on the equality of men and women in the workplace. Women are underrepresented in this field, so we especially look forward to applications from women. Family and career are balanced through flexible work hours, part-time opportunities and emergency childcare.
Employment of persons with disabilities is also a high priority for us and a candidate with disabilities who possesses equal qualifications will be given preference.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
|Job Reference: MEVIS-2018-13||Closing Date:|