Are you well acquainted with mobile communication and would you like to contribute to the design of communication technology between vehicles that is used for autonomous driving?
In that case we have the right job for you!
You will monitor the 3GPP standardization work in the field of C-V2X and produce corresponding technical input. You will work independently on proposals for the solution of technical problems in the field of C-V2X. You will implement these by means of simulation and validate them. In addition, you will support students who are writing their theses in this subject area.
What we expect from you
- A university degree in electrical engineering or computer sciences
- Good knowledge of V2X radio technologies, ideally C-V2X
- Good knowledge of communications engineering (layers 1 and 2) with a focus on LTE/5G
- Experience in link- or system-level simulation would be advantageous
- You enjoy working creatively, developing new ideas as well as working in a team
What you can expect from us
- Extremely varied and practice-oriented projects: together with us, you shape the mobile communication of the future
- Creative freedom during the research activities, and personal development through further qualification
- Work-life balance (flexible working hours, support offerings for the reconciliation of private and professional life)
- Professional equality for women and men
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
The communication systems group does research into and develops innovative communication solutions for applications in the fields of digital broadcasting, the Internet of Things, satellite communication, mobile broadband communication, public security, and automotive. In these fields we ensure that humans and systems are able to communicate with each other worldwide.
The Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits ISS is one of the world’s leading application-orientated research facilities for microelectronic and IT-related system solutions and services. Today it is the largest institute within the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft.
Please upload your complete, written application (PDF: cover letter, curriculum vitae, references) quoting the reference number IIS-2018-93 to our online application system. Your contact person within our HR Recruiting: Meike Hillenbrand
|Job Reference: IIS-2018-93||Closing Date:|