Digital post-editing of footage plays an increasingly important role. Programs such as Adobe After Effects or NUKE offer users in post-production the means to cut film footage or to add on and render virtual effects. In addition to that, new camera arrays, known as light-field cameras, are opening up a range of new possibilities in post-production. To find out more about light-field cameras, see a light-field camera production for yourself and see behind the scenes of how the film is made, please visit: https://www.iis.fraunhofer.de/en/ff/amm/for/forschbewegtbildtechn/lichtfeld.html
Shaping and developing professional post-production tools sounds exciting to you?
Then we have the right position for you:
You will be responsible for developing and testing plug-ins for popular compositing programs such as NUKE to enable the technologies we develop here at Fraunhofer IIS to be implemented in post-production. You will then document your results.
What we expect from you
- You are studying electrical engineering, computer science, information technology or a related discipline
- have a working knowledge of the programming languages C or C++, as well as GUI development
- You are available for an immediate start, initially working 10-12 hours per week either as a student assistant or as an intern for a minimum period of 3 months
What you can expect from us
- Varied projects with a high degree of practical relevance
- Flexible working, providing you with the perfect opportunity to combine study with practical experience
- An open and collegial work environment
- The freedom to develop your own interests and skills
We can also offer you the opportunity to complete a study or graduate thesis in conjunction with our institute in one of the aforementioned fields. The thesis will be assigned and carried out in accordance with the rules of your university. For this reason, please discuss the thesis with a professor who can advise you over the course of the project.
If you have any questions about this opening, please contact: Thorsten
Wolf (email@example.com) phone: +49 (0) 9131 776 5115.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Please submit your application (PDF: including a cover letter, your CV and your latest transcripts of records) to: Nina Wörlein, via our career portal, quoting reference number 40172. We look forward to receiving your application in English or German!
Please let us know how you learned about this job opportunity.
|Job Reference: 40172||Closing Date:|