As a hardware and system architect, you will specify, design and verify hardware components for complex ASICs and SoCs with embedded microprocessors in SystemVerilog / Verilog as well as for firmware components in C(++) or Assembler. In addition, you will develop SoC microarchitectures and hardware/software partitioning algorithms, and analyze them for efficiency. You will also construct and assess FPGA-based prototypes. Other duties include providing support for project planning and cost estimates.
What we expect from you
- A degree in electrical engineering, IT, physics, or similar subject with above-average gradesDeep knowledge of digital circuit design
- Experience with Verilog / SystemVerilog / (VHDL) modeling and verification
- Experience working with simulation and synthesis tools
- Experience with coding, debugging and optimization in C(++) and Assembler
- Interest in having contact with customers
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Project experience in low-power or high-speed ASIC design
- Familiarity with industry standards:
- Ethernet 10/100/1000/10000 Base-T
- PCIe, MIPI CSIx
- DDRx, LPDDRx
- AHB, AXI, APB
- Knowledge of Network on Chip (NoC) technology
- Experience with embedded microprocessors such as RISC-V, MIPS or ARM
- A high degree of creativity, independence and individual responsibility
- A structured, team-oriented way of working
The position is also suitable for those just beginning their careers with appropriate knowledge and experience from internships, their studies or dissertations. Suitable candidates may have the option of working towards their doctorate.
What you can expect from us
- Multifaceted projects with high relevance for practical application, featuring interdisciplinary system aspects
- Teams that work on a broad range of design activities, from industrial advances to the development of scientific prototypes in cutting-edge technologies
- An open, communicative and collegial working environment
- Freedom to exercise a high degree of independence and individual responsibility in organizing work
- Professional development through further training/education
- A good work-life balance thanks to flexible working hours and support offers that help in balancing private life and career
- Equal opportunity employer of both men and women
We are one of Europe’s leaders in IC design, specializing in the development of innovative systems. Our many years of design experience are supplemented by deep systems expertise in multimedia, digital communications, image processing and sensor systems. Our scientists develop solutions that flow into applications in the automotive sector, industrial electronics, data transmission and processing, plus lifestyle and medical technology products, where they enjoy widespread use. At the core of our research and development activities is the design of digital and mixed-signal circuits and systems.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Please submit your complete written application (cover letter, CV, references all as PDFs) with reference number IIS-2018-106
to: Meike Hillenbrand
|Job Reference: IIS-2018-106||Closing Date:|