Your tasks will involve
- Design and improvement of light field image processing algorithms
- Development of prototype code in MATLAB and C++
- Evaluation and test of algorithmic solutions
Was Sie mitbringen
- Academic degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering qualifying for PhD study
- Expertise in programming in MATLAB and C / C++ and optionally OpenCV
- Knowledge in multi-camera image processing e.g. epipolar geometry, disparity estimation, multi-view stereo, 3D reconstruction, photogrammetry
- Dedication for performing top-level research within an international network of researchers
Was Sie erwarten können
- Diverse and challenging research and development projects with a high practical relevance
- An excellent working atmosphere within an international team of researchers
- Initial skill adaptation training as well as a broad selection of continuing education
At the time of recruitment, the candidate must not have resided or carried out their main activity in Germany for more than 12 months in the three years prior to the application. This is an Early Stage Researcher (ESR) position in the framework of the project ETN-FPI (http://www.full-parallax-imaging.eu/) (Horizon 2020 MARIE SKŁODOWSKA-CURIE ACTIONS, https://ec.europa.eu/research/mariecurieactions/sites/mariecurie/files/msca-itn-fellows-note_en.pdf).
Applicants shall, at the time of recruitment by the host organization, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree. Full-Time Equivalent Research Experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree that would formally entitle him/her to embark on a doctorate.
Fraunhofer ist die größte Organisation für anwendungsorientierte Forschung in Europa. Unsere Forschungsfelder richten sich nach den Bedürfnissen der Menschen: Gesundheit, Sicherheit, Kommunikation, Mobilität, Energie und Umwelt. Wir sind kreativ, wir gestalten Technik, wir entwerfen Produkte, wir verbessern Verfahren, wir eröffnen neue Wege.
We look forward to receiving your application! Please submit it (in PDF format, including cover letter, CV and references) to: Claudia Kestler-Böhm,via our career portal, quoting reference number IIS-2018-109.
Questions can be addressed to: Dr. Joachim Keinert, email@example.com
Information about the Institute is available online at: www.iis.fraunhofer.de