OUR INTERDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH FIELD OF FOOD CHEMISTRY, FOOD TECHNOLOGY AND PHYSIOLOGY USES ANALYTICAL METHODS TO EVALUATE THE SENSORY PROPERTIES OF PRODUCTS AND ASSESSES COMBINATORY SENSORY EFFECTS IN ORDER TO CHARACTERIZE PRODUCT PERCEPTION IN ITS ENTIRETY. IN PARTICULAR, WE CLARIFY THE CAUSES OF UNPLEASANT ODOURS AND OFF-FLAVORS AND DEVELOP APPROPRIATE AVOIDANCE STRATEGIES.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING TO STRENGTHEN OUR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT TEAM AT THE NEXT POSSIBLE OPPORTUNITY BY RECRUITING A
You will act as an interface between the customer and the associated scientific department(s). You will know and understand the needs of companies in the food and packaging industry, as well as producers of consumer goods and articles of daily use, and will be familiar with the requirements expected of a development supplier. In addition to catering for our customers’ needs, you will work to actively expand our customer network. You will be responsible for calculating, drawing up and maintaining tailor-made, customer-specific proposals as well as gathering relevant market information.
Additionally you will also be responsible for preparing and coordinating grant proposal applications for funding bodies and will be involved in selected research projects.
As a manager in our institute you will report directly to the deputy head of the institute and will work closely with the other business development managers and departmental heads to help shape the strategic orientation of the institute.
What we expect from you
- You have a University qualification in the field of natural or food sciences, ideally with experience in the field of sensory research or sensory perception, and preferably several years of professional experience.
- You enjoy working at the interface between science and business.
- You have strong communication skills, are able to present to target groups and are confident in dealing with partners from industry and academia.
- You are independent, self-organized, have excellent negotiation skills and social competence.
- German skills (B2/C1 or business level) required.
What you can expect from us
- A varied and interesting job with a high degree of freedom and personal responsibility
- A creative and interdisciplinary working environment
- The possibility of vocational development through further qualification as well as flexible working hours for a good work-life balance
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
If you have any questions about this position, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Dr. Claudia Schönweitz
Phone: +49 8161 491-117
|Job Reference: IVV-2018-25||Closing Date: March 31st, 2019|