The Broadband & Broadcast (BB) department is active in the areas of mobile communications, satellite communications, Internet-of-Things and automotive communication systems. We take new concepts and algorithms from theory, implement them and test them in simulations and in prototypes in our labs and in the field. For instance, we operate a commercial LTE-Advanced testbed network, which we use to check the interoperability of our prototypes with the LTE standard. In short, the BB department establishes a bridge between communication theory and its employment in practice.
Digital broadcast technologies like DAB+ or DRM as well as IP streaming protocols enable very new concepts to the broadcasting market. One import advantage can be shown when using multiple reception paths to receive the same media content. This allows switching between paths when the current reception path discovers a decreasing signal. Fraunhofer IIS develops software defined radio solutions to decode analogue and digital radio via AM/FM, DAB+ and DRM(+). Our Hybrid Radio approach can take advantage of the company-internal broadcast knowledge. It uses a Web Application as its graphical user interface. The data is provided from the backend to the Web App by a RESTful API. As we are integrating more and more features to the Hybrid Radio core, the web-based GUI needs to be extended simultaneously. The goal of this work is to extend the existing web application with new features as ReactJS modules and views to support new Hybrid Radio functionalities.
Your responsibilities: You …
- develop and design ReactJS components and views for our Hybrid Radio GUI graphically
- care about the architectural design of the GUI for integrating the new modules and views
- test and verifiy the GUI
Was du mitbringst
- You are able to understand how RESTful web applications work, including HTTP and JSON
- You have knowledge of web frameworks, particularly ReactJS
- You bring design skills in HTML5 and CSS3 with you
Was du erwarten kannst
- An open and cooperative working environment
- Collaboration in interesting and innovative projects
- Many opportunities to gain practical experience
Please include a cover letter, your CV and your latest transcripts of records (as PDF) and quote ID number 41658. Address your application to Nina Wörlein. We look forward to receiving your application in English or German!
Fraunhofer-Institut für Integrierte Schaltungen IIS
Am Wolfsmantel 33