The Department of Sensory Analytics is an interdisciplinary team of chemists, engineers, physiologists and psychologists that evaluates food, consumer goods and articles of everyday use with regard to their sensory properties, in particular smell and taste. The sensory properties of products are characterized by human sensory evaluations and state-of-the-art chemo-analytical methods and instrumentation. Raw materials as well as the technological, physical and chemical processes that lead to (undesired) sensory changes are investigated and optimized. Among other things, unpleasant odors and off-flavors are characterized on a molecular basis.
The "Campus of the Senses" (www.campus-der-sinne.fraunhofer.de) is a joint initiative of the Fraunhofer Institute of Process Engineering and Packaging IVV and the Fraunhofer Institute of Integrated Circuits IIS, with the Friedrich-Alexander Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg as a University partner. The Campus of the Senses offers companies access to experts as well as research and development projects in relation to the digitization of human sensory perception. Your expertise in the areas of chemical analytics, human sensory assessments, or sensor technologies, will enable you to partner with the interdisciplinary team of the Campus of the Senses and assume leadership responsibility for specific subject areas or research groups.
Your tasks are:
- developing the scientific scope of the department as well as budget planning
- personnel management and development, including agreeing and implementing target development goals with staff
- the development of partnerships with stakeholders from different industries
- assuming responsibility for cooperating with the institute's services departments, in particular marketing, administration and technical services
What we expect from you
- You have a University degree and doctorate in natural sciences, preferably in chemistry, physics or a comparable discipline.
- In particular, we expect a strong proficiency in the field of chemical analytics, human sensory applications or sensor technologies, especially in the area of front-end design or in the development of chemo-sensitive interfaces.
- You have experience in the scientific and organizational management of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ideally, you will have demonstrable experience in managing complex projects in industrial R&D.
- You enjoy working at the interface between science and industry.
What you can expect from us
- We offer an exciting position as deputy head of a committed team, with the possibility of a perspective development towards a leading role within the Campus of the Senses initiative.
- The working hours are based on a flexitime model and you will work in a supportive team of experienced experts and highly motivated junior staff.
- In addition, we offer a good work-life balance with attractive options to support compatibility of family and career.
In case of identical qualifications, preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft is committed to providing equal career opportunities for men and women.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
For questions about this position, please get in contact to:
Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Andrea Büttner
Phone: +49 8161 491-715
|Job Reference: IVV-2018-27||Closing Date: January 31st, 2019|