IN THE DEPARTMENT OF SENSORY ANALYTICS, TO COMMERCE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
You will work in the field of human sensory perception of food and consumer products. Your doctoral work will focus on investigating human responses to the sensory properties of selected products. For this purpose, you will use psychophysiological methods, biofeedback and behavioral biology, as well as functional imaging (fMRI) to map neuronal processes of sensory and multisensory perception.
Your activities in the context of industrial collaborations and public projects range from project acquisition to experimental implementation, as well as the evaluation and dissemination of the results.
What we expect from you
- You must have a University degree in natural sciences, preferably with a focus on the evaluation of complex biological, physiological, psychological and human sensory data and ideally with a background in neuroscience, psychology, biology, nutritional science or a comparable discipline.
- Your personal strengths should include a passion for natural science and an interest in exploring new fields of research.
- In addition, you should have the ability to quickly familiarize yourself with new problems.
- Your initiative, cooperation and communication skills will enable you to work in a project team.
- Good English and German language skills are a prerequisite. It is expected that the results will be published in scientifically relevant peer-reviewed journals and presented at international conferences
- A sense of responsibility and commitment should round off your profile.
What you can expect from us
- We offer a flexible scientific working environment with modern laboratory facilities in an innovation-oriented, renowned institute of Europe’s largest applied research society.
- We offer versatile projects with practical relevance and the opportunity to take part in discussions and exchanges with other scientists on a national and international level.
- Our working environment will offer you the freedom to shape your research and individual development, including possibilities for further training and qualifications.
- We offer a good work-life balance through flexible working hours and attractive options to support compatibility of family and career.
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas. In short, we forge the future.
This is a full-time position that is remunerated with EG13/2.
If you have any questions about this position, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Prof. Jessica Freiherr
Phone: +49 8161 491-302
|Job Reference: IVV-2018-28||Closing Date: 30th Junel, 2019|