Are you passionate about 5G mobile technologies and would you like to help design innovative applications?
Then we have the right job for you!
Using the current 3GPP work on standardization and our many years of preliminary work in the field of mobile technology and positioning as a basis, you will work on innovative approaches to Industrie 4.0, IoT, smart city and automotive solutions and translate 5G technology concepts into real-life applications in our test environments.
What we expect from you
- Degree in engineering, preferably specializing in telecommunications, information technology or radio frequency engineering
- Good knowledge and system understanding of current mobile communications technologies (LTE, LTE-A, 5G)
- Sound specialist knowledge of system simulation (Matlab, Simulink, Python), design and verification for mobile communications systems
- System design and verification for mobile communications systems
- Programming skills (C/C+ +) are a plus
- Strong command of German and English for working in an international and interdisciplinary team
- You enjoy creative and independent work and developing new ideas
What you can expect from us
- Diverse and challenging projects provide an opportunity for you to help design innovative technologies and applications based on the new 5G mobile communication standard
- Creative freedom in the research environment and professional development through regular training and further education opportunities
- Flexible and family-friendly work arrangements
- Located in a modern, bright office, your workstation features the best technical equipment.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
The Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS is a world leader in applied research, developing and providing microelectronic and IT system solutions and services. It is currently the largest institute in the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft. In the Communications Systems and Positioning & Networks divisions at our Erlangen and Nuremburg locations we develop wireless communications, positioning and identification technologies for connected digital applications.
Employment, salary and social benefits are in line with the labor contract for the public sector (TVöD). The position is initially offered as a limited-term contract for four years. Preference is given to equally qualified applicants with severe disabilities. The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft values the equality of men and women in the workplace.
Would you like to work for us? We look forward to receiving your application. Please apply using our online recruitment portal: IIS-2019-1 and please note that we will process only complete applications (cover letter, CV, references).
|Job Reference: IIS-2019-1||Closing Date:|