With nearly 1.000 employees, the Fraunhofer Institute for Manufacturing Engineering and Automation (Fraunhofer IPA in Stuttgart, Germany) is dedicated to front-line R&D in robotics and automation. We are looking for ambitious innovators who are committed to put science to work.
The "Robot and Assistive Systems" Department designs robots and automation solutions for industrial applications and the service sector. Key technologies are developed and translated into innovative industrial robots, service robots and intelligent machines. The key technologies we research include open-loop/feedback control systems, drive technology, mobile navigation, sensor data processing (especially image processing), safe/intuitive human-robot interaction as well as the application of machine learning techniques to robot systems. Further details about the department are available at the following link:
- Breaking-in and investigation of new solution approaches in one of the Department's subject areas, e.g.
- Bin picking
- Parallel cable robots
- Offline programming and optimal path planning for welding robots
- Navigation and trajectory optimization for driverless transport vehicles
- Mobile manipulation
- Object recognition for service robotics
- Open-source software systems for reliable autonomous robots
- Transfer of research results to new, industrially applicable solutions
- Cooperation in industrial R&D projects as well as in international research projects, such as http://robott-net.eu/, http://rosin-project.eu/, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI1PT9VPzFU
- Publication of results at scientific conferences
- Work on a doctoral project is desirable and will be supported
What we expect from you
- Masters degree with Merit from a typical MINT course
- Very good knowledge of English
- Ideally, initial experience in robotics or automation engineering
- You enjoy scientific work and have the ability to solve problems in a structured way
- Naturally, you impress with your self-assurance, creativity, ambition and enthusiasm for high-tech
- You aspire to management responsibility
What you can expect from us
- We offer you interesting activities in applied research and development in close contact with industry
- Freedom to implement innovative ideas
- A professional working environment in committed teams
- Excellent array of machines and equipment
- Personal advancement with the possibility of a doctorate at the University of Stuttgart and leadership development
- Unique support towards launching your own start-up
Have we aroused your interest and would you like to get to know us better? With your application, you have the chance to learn everything about our work in our department during our selection days and to get to know your future colleagues in person. For more information, please check here.
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
|Job Reference: IPA-2019-14||Closing Date:|