Fraunhofer IIS has become known around the world for its leading role in the development of audio coding technologies like mp3 and AAC. More than 1,000 companies worldwide have licensed the audio technologies of Fraunhofer IIS and have used them to manufacture more than seven billion products. We have made major contributions to the standardization and deployment of MPEG-H 3D Audio for next-generation TV broadcasting – once again demonstrating that we are working at the cutting edge of innovation.
Are you passionate about audio? Are you interested in the latest audio coding technologies? Do you have a musical ear?
Then you’ve come to the right place!
We are seeking talented new employees with a keen interest in audio technology for our team. Our core area of expertise is perceptual audio coding. We additionally work on all related technologies that ensure the smooth operation of complete audio systems – from the creation of audio content all the way to the listener’s ear.
What we expect from you
- Successfully completed university degree in electronic engineering, media technologies, computer science, mathematics, physics or a related field
- Interest in digital audio signal processing and psychoacoustics
- Programming experience in at least one of the following: C/C++, Python, MATLAB
- High motivation to learn, work on complex tasks, and use creativity to solve problems
- Good written and oral English communication skills
- A passion for music is a plus
What you can expect from us
- An open and friendly working environment in an international team
- Responsibilities in the area of cutting-edge audio technology
- Challenging projects with high practical relevance
- Close cooperation with large international clients
- The opportunity to increase your expertise in technological and scientific audio-related topics
- Personal growth through professional training and educational programs
- Work-life balance: flexible hours, programs that promote a balance between your personal and career life
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
This vacancy is also available on a part-time basis.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Please send your complete, written application (PDF format: cover letter, curriculum vitae, references/transcript of records) quoting the reference number IIS-2019-AME30 to: Claudia Kestler-Böhm
For more information about the institute and its products and services, please visit: www.iis.fraunhofer.de/en, www.audioblog.iis.fraunhofer.com
|Job Reference: IIS-2019-AME30||Closing Date:|