We are offering an opportunity to help with the development of an upcoming audio standard for new high-quality immersive voice and audio services for mobile communications. This new codec is based on the recent »Enhanced Voice Services« (EVS) codec, which is quickly becoming the new standard in mobile communications, and provides new functionalities and an efficient coding scheme for immersive audio applications with more than one channel (including stereo, multi-channel and »Virtual Reality« (VR)-related applications). Our goal is to develop a versatile and efficient codec that provides the best possible audio quality both for speech and other audio content.
Our tasks include:
- Experimentation – developing new and tuning existing technologies (e.g. bandwidth extension schemes) to improve audio quality and efficiency of the codec
- Implementation – extending and maintaining our C-based development framework
- Testing - evaluating audio quality by both objective measurements and subjective listening tests
What we expect from you
- You are studying information science, information technology, electrical engineering, computational engineering, mathematics, physics or similar
- You are interested in signal processing, preferably related to audio and/or speech
- You have knowledge in programming languages, preferably C and/or Matlab
- You are fluent in English
- You are team-oriented, have an autonomous manner of work and are highly intrinsic motivated
What you can expect from us
- an open, cooperative and agile working environment
- collaboration in interesting and innovative projects
- many opportunities to gain practical experience
- part-time student assistant positions (starting with 8 hours per week on average – flexible scheduling) as well as full-time internships are available
Are you interested?
Applications are possible in German and English. Please include a cover letter, your CV and your latest transcripts of records (as PDF) and quote ID number 43524. Address your application to Nina Wörlein.
Please let us know how you learned about this job opportunity.
Additional information is available on our website:
|Job Reference: 43524||Closing Date:|