Ever been told to shut up?
Show them by teaching computers to speak out loud.
You will develop and implement methods for natural language processing. This comprises
- research on state of the art methods, their comprehensive evaluation and improvement
- integration of implementations into a prototype system
- communicating and coordinating activities with project partners as well as internal and external stakeholders
The Audio and Media Technologies department develops world-class audio processing technology. Audio and media technologies at Fraunhofer IIS is one of the largest organizations in the world for audio and speech processing. Over 200 engineers and scientists develop first-rate audio technology which is sold world-wide – in Europe, USA, China, Korea and Japan.
In the past 25 years, Fraunhofer IIS repeatedly won international competitions in the audio and media field: e.g. with mp3 and codecs of the AAC-family. You will be part of the Audio and Media team.
What we expect from you
- PhD in Computer Sciences with focus on Computer Linguistics or in a related field
- Profound knowledge of natural language processing and computer linguistics
- Excellent skills in Python
- Solid knowledge of machine learning
- Hands-on experience with deep neural networks, e.g. TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
What you can expect from us
- Opportunities to bring your ideas into life and to push frontiers in research and applications of language processing
- Involvement in diverse activities and the chance to take responsibility within interdisciplinary teams
- An open and friendly work atmosphere
- Flexible hours and access to various services for a proper work-life balance
- Working in a vibrant research environment
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
This vacancy is also available on a part-time basis.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
We look forward to receiving your application (English or German) ! Please submit it (in PDF format, including cover letter, CV, and references) to Claudia Kestler-Böhm via our career portal, quoting reference number IIS-2019-AME67.
|Job Reference: IIS-2019-AME67||Closing Date:|