FOR OUR Photonics Networks and System DEPARTMENT, WE ARE URGENTLY SEEKING A
The activities of the researcher include research and development in the field of optical communications and communications networks, as well as the acquisition of projects in this field. This includes optical transport networks (metro and core) as well as their connection and interaction with future 5G mobile networks and data centers, in particular with respect to low-latency applications in industry 4.0 and AR/VR scenarios.
The activity includes planning and implementation of test and development environments for SDN / NFV solutions at the interface between optical and 5G networks, interaction with industrial partners for the development of joint demonstrators, as well as research work in existing projects. Furthermore, the presentation of the R & D results in the form of project reports, presentations and journal articles. Project acquisition involves developing project ideas and writing project proposals, as well as initiating projects with industrial clients and filing patent applications. As part of the job, the employee will gain experience in project and team management to enable him/her to establish an independent research topic/group in the future.
What we expect from you
- Completed university studies in one of the following programs: Electrical Engineering, Communications Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics or related background
- Deployment of telecom cloud infrastructure and services, including platforms such as Open Stack and Open Source MANO (OSM)
- Programming SDN controllers (e.g., ODL, ONOS) and protocols (e.g., OpenFlow, netconf, YANG).
- Programming and integration of cloud management platforms (e.g., OpenStack / CORD).
- NFV concepts and programming (e.g. OSM)
- Hybrid-network domain orchestration and service management
- Data platforms, such as Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra, Tensor Flow, etc.
- Deployment of edge computing solutions for low-latency telecommunication networks.
What you can expect from us
- We offer you a scientifically first-class work environment in a leading research institute, contacts to international industrial companies and research institutes as well as flexible working hoursto the compatibility by profession and family.
- We offer the possibility to work on a PhD if you do not have one
The working time consists of 39 hours per week.
The position is initially limited for 3 years.
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
If you have any questions about this position, please contact:
Dr. Johannes Fischer
Please submit your application documents (master degree certificates, employment references, CV, etc.) via our recruitment portal. Your application cannot be considered without the relevant supporting evidence.
|Job Reference: HHI-2019-33||Closing Date: 21.07.2019|