Stem cells are of big hope for the medicine of the future. At the Fraunhofer IPT, we are researching the fully automated production of these cells. Since stem cells are naturally subject to strong batch-to-batch fluctuations and the processes have to adapt to the growth behavior of the cells, production planning and scheduling are a major challenge.
As part of your work, you will model the automated production environment and implement, simulate and evaluate new approaches to production planning using predictive approaches.
- Translation of the fully automated process for the production of stem cells into a simulation environment
- Simulation of processes and device utilization with different approaches to production planning
- Independent excecution of tasks, evaluation and documentation of results
What we expect from you
- You are studying a science or an engineering subject
- First programming experience, e.g. with Java or other programming languages
- Basic knowledge in the field of biotechnology is helpful but not mandatory
- You take initiative and show responsibility
- You are a good team player
- You are fluent in German and / or English
What you can expect from us
- First-hand practice experience alongside your studies
- Flexible working hours
- A positive work environment with state of the art machines and devices
- Working in a dedicated team on emerging research topics
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Looking forward to your informative application by email:
Fraunhofer-Institut für Produktionstechnologie IPT
Steinbachstraße 17, 52074 Aachen
|Job Reference: IPT-2019-127||Closing Date:|