YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN RESEARCH TO ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE?
THEN YOU ARE RIGHT WITH US!
WE AT FRAUNHOFER EMFT, MUNICH, OFFER YOU AN EXCITING AND CHALLENGING POSITION AT THE NEXT POSSIBLE TIME
Fraunhofer EMFT conducts cutting-edge applied research on sensors and actuators for people and the environment. The over hundred employees in the three locations in Munich, Oberpfaffenhofen and Regensburg possess impressive long-term experience and wide-ranging know-how in the fields of microelectronics and microsystem technology. The technology offering of the research institution ranges from semiconductor processes and MEMS technologies over 3D integration to foil electronics.
We are looking for committed and creative scientists to set up a junior research group "Artificial Intelligence and Algorithms for Sensor Evaluations".
Your tasks are
- Development, implementation and testing of highly innovative technologies in the context of demonstrator systems
- Evaluation of the technical feasibility and cost-effectiveness of new developments
- Performing data analysis and analysis on sensor nodes
- Optimization of sensor data fusion
- Testing and applying the latest scientific knowledge in artificial intelligence (AI)
- Development of approaches for Neuromorphic Computing
- Implementation for applications in the area of Industry 4.0, Smart Health, Automotive
- Initiation of cooperation with industry and in funded projects
What we expect from youYou have a university degree in electrical engineering / information technology, physics or engineering, and a completed doctorate is an advantage.
In addition you have:
- Interest in algorithm and software programming for sensor applications
- Specific programming knowledge in Python and TensorFlow
- Experience with CNN and RNN/LSTM would be desirable
- Experience in (pre-)processing of time and frequency domain data
- Fluent English
- High degree of independence and personal responsibility
- You enjoy working in a team and you have a structured and methodical way of working.
What you can expect from us
- We offer you a challenging job with freedom of action in a rapidly developing new topic as well as the necessary hardware and system competence in the area of sensor technology
- At EMFT, we value commitment and creativity. You can set your own accents, realize your ideas in the team and in the projects and develop yourself scientifically, professionally and personally. Our flexible working hours and the various offers of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft supports you in order to reconcile family, career and career development in the best possible way.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
This vacancy is also available on a part-time basis.
We would like to further increase the proportion of female specialists and executives in our company. Therefore we particularly welcome applications from women.
Severely handicapped applicants are preferably recruited with otherwise substantially equal suitability, aptitude and professional performance.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
If you have any questions about this position, don't hesitate to contact:
Prof. Dr. rer nat. Christoph Kutter (Director)
Phone: +49 89 54759-500
If you are interested in working with us, please apply online by using the "Apply" button.
|Job Reference: EMFT-2019-21||Closing Date: 15.09.2019|