Tired of the hustle, bustle, and chaos of working in a hospital? Looking to leverage your medical expertise for the betterment of society? Interested in the use of new technology (artificial intelligence) to improve the efficiency and quality of global healthcare?
The machine learning group at Fraunhofer HHI is advancing the science of artificial intelligence (AI) and forging its implementation in uncharted areas such as healthcare. In particular, Fraunhofer HHI recognizes that AI can be an invaluable tool for the diagnosis and treatment of patients if transparent, trustworthy, and respectful of privacy. To assist our machine learning specialists with their activities in the realm of healthcare, we are looking to add a physician (M/F) to our team.
What we expect from you
- Integration in an international, prolific research team.
- Exposure to the newest AI technology.
- An integral role in the ITU/WHO Focus Group on “AI for Health,” which is benchmarking AI solutions for healthcare (more information can be found in our recent commentary in the Lancet)
- An opportunity to contribute to the betterment of the healthcare system and society.
What you can expect from us
- A medical doctorate.
- Board certification or 2–3 years clinical experience as a medical resident.
- A broad range of computational and medical knowledge and expertise. Experience in pathology, radiology, and/or epidemiology is an advantage.
- Interest in the application of new technologies (i.e., AI) in healthcare.
- Statistical literacy.
- Strong communication skills (fluency in German and English).
- A team player mentality.
- Willingness to travel.
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact:
Dr. Monique Kuglitsch
|Job Reference: HHI-2019-42||Closing Date: 05.08.2019|