Adaptivity is an essential property for the connected world of tomorrow. Intelligent components can independently recognize changes in their environment or within themselves, assess them and take appropriate action. As business partner, Fraunhofer IIS/EAS develops key technologies for such adaptive systems and offers innovative as well as robust solutions.
You are interested in the field of functional safety, Architecture of safety critical systems and applied science is your passion?
We have the perfect job advertisement!
In collaboration with experts for the development of safety-critical systems, you determine which verifications are necessary to guarantee functional safety in accordance with ISO 26262 within an application project. These include planning the necessary verification steps and close communication with the development team. Another field of work is the design of new architectures for safety-critical systems. In close contact with industrial partners, you plan the further development of existing products for use in safety-critical applications and explore new ways of implementing the requirements as cost and effort efficient as possible.
What we expect from you
- University degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or related field
First knowledge of relevant standards (e.g. ISO26262, IEC 61508) and methods for evaluating functional safety
- First experiences in the development of architectures of electronic systems
- Knowledge of common functional safety analysis methods (e.g. FTA, FMEA) is desirable
- Basic knowledge of quality standards (e.g. ISO9001) is an advantage
- Willingness to learn, teamwork, but also the ability to work independently and self-managed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
What you can expect from us
- Attractive work environment in a highly innovative key industry
- Working in a dedicated and motivated team
- Regular training tailored to your individual needs and the best possible operating equipment
- A cooperative corporate culture
- Work-life balance through e.g. flexible working hours
- Support services to reconcile life and work
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas. This position is limited for three years.
We look forward to receiving your application (English or German)! Please submit it (in PDF format, including cover letter, CV and references) to: Sophie Prieß
Information about the institute is available on the internet at: https://www.eas.iis.fraunhofer.de/
|Job Reference: EAS-2019-17||Closing Date:|