The Campus of the Senses is an interdisciplinary team of chemists, engineers, physiologists and psychologists that develop future (multi)sensory instrumental and digital systems that will have the ability to understand and simulate human sensory perception. The aim of the Campus of the Senses is to conduct in a collaborative effort fundamental and applied research into the instrumental translation and digitization of human sensory experiences and to derive new technologies and services from this knowledge.
The "Campus of the Senses" (www.campusdersinne.de) is a joint initiative of the Fraunhofer Institute of Process Engineering and Packaging IVV and the Fraunhofer Institute of Integrated Circuits IIS, with the Friedrich-Alexander Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg as a University partner. This initiative offers companies access to a wide range of experts as well as research and development projects in relation to the instrumental translation and digitization of human sensory perception.
Your tasks are:
- To develop the scientific scope and strategy including budget and resource planning together with the IVV Campus of the Senses team
- Personnel management and development, including agreeing and implementing target development goals with staff
- To develop partnerships with stakeholders from different industries
- To assume responsibility for cooperating with the institute's services departments, in particular marketing, administration and technical services
What we expect from you
- You should have extensive experience in the scientific and organizational leadership of an interdisciplinary team.
- You should have demonstrable experience in managing complex projects and research teams, ideally departments in industrial R&D and a proven track record in building collaborative relationships.
- You should enjoy working at the interface between science and industry.
- You must have a University degree and doctorate in consumer sciences or natural sciences, preferably in chemistry, physics, bioinformatics or a comparable discipline.
- In particular, we expect a strong proficiency in the field of chemical analytics, human sensory applications or sensor technologies.
- All in all, your management expertise in the areas of sensory perception and product development, chemical analytics, human sensory assessments, bioinformatics or sensor technologies will enable you to partner with the interdisciplinary team of the Campus of the Senses and assume leadership responsibility.
- German skills (B2 / C1 or business level) are required.
What you can expect from us
- We offer an exciting position as Fraunhofer IVV management head of the Campus of the Senses, leading a committed team.
- The working hours are based on a flexitime model and you will work in a supportive team of experienced experts and highly motivated junior staff.
- In addition, we offer a good work-life balance with attractive options to support compatibility of family and career.
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
For questions about this position, please do not hesitate to contact:
Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Andrea Büttner
Phone: +49 8161 491-715
|Job Reference: IVV-2019-21||Closing Date: August 31th, 2019|