The Fraunhofer Institute for Interfacial Engineering and Biotechnology IGB conducts research in the competence areas Interfacial Engineering and Materials Science, Molecular Biotechnology, Physical Process Technology, Environmentral Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering, and Cell and Tissue Engineering. Fraunhofer IGB develops and optimizes processes and products in the fields of medicine, pharmacy, chemistry, the environment and energy. The constructive interplay of the various disciplines at our institute opens up new approaches in areas such as medical engineering, nanotechnology, industrial biotechnology, and environmental technology.
What we expect from you
- PhD in Bio(medical)engineering, Biotechnology, Mechanical engineering or similar
- Knowledge and experience in the design and fabrication of microfluidic systems
- Experience in cell and tissue culture
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary and international teams; Good social and communication skills; Independent and flexible working style; structured and organized personality
- Experience with microphysiological systems / Organ-on-Chip platforms
- Experience with different types of microfabrication methods (lithography, embossing, laser structuring)
- Experience with advanced microscopy techniques
What you can expect from us
- Development and fabrication of novel microphysiological systems / Organ-on-chip platforms
- Establishment of biological assays in Organ-on-Chip platforms
- Project lead for case studies with clinical and pharmaceutical partners
- Training of technical staff in fabrication methods
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
|Job Reference: IGB-2019-33||Closing Date:|