For our department Adaptive and Adaptable Architectures we are looking for computer scientists as researcher, who like to support us, inventing new methods and solutions for dependable adaptive systems. The main goal of our efforts is enabling high flexibility and performance of Cognitive Systems in domains of Cyber-Physical Systems like Connected Mobility or Intelligent Machines and Smart Factory – without violating the safety (link). In detail, we aim to realize adaptive platforms (e.g. based on AUTOSAR, ROS, SOA-concepts) and embedded-, edge-, fog-, cloud-architectures, which allows for a flexible and dependable application of safety-critical functions for various domains.
For qualified applicants we provide the environment to pursue a PhD.
What we expect from you
- Master of Science in Computer Science or similar studies
- Interest and curiosity in independent scientific research
- Communication and cooperation skills
- Programming experience (e.g. C/C++, Java, Linux, etc.)
- Beneficially, knowledge in model-driven development or embedded software engineering
- Good language skills in German and English.
What you can expect from us
- Participation in a varied, creative and interdisciplinary working environment with innovative tasks and an agile working style
- Unique combination of excellence in science and practical application
- Active participation in challenging research and industrial projects
- Opportunity to do a doctorate on a pioneering and application-oriented topic
- In addition, there is a wide range of support services available to reconcile private and professional life (holiday of 30 days, flexible working hours with working time compensation, home office, access to nursery, holiday care for children, etc.).
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Fraunhofer ESK undertakes application-oriented research on tomorrow’s topics: Cognitive Systems, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. Our main focus is on software engineering for safety-critical applications in the automotive and Industry 4.0 sectors. To this end, we develop dependable software technologies. In order to further expand our topics, a new Fraunhofer Institute in Munich on the basis of the former Fraunhofer ESK will be established: The Fraunhofer Institute for Cognitive Systems.
If we could arise your interest, please apply exclusively through the career page on our website with all the necessary documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, certificates).
Questions will be answered gladly by
Telefon: +49 89 547088-348
Additional questions will be answered gladly by
Kirsten Plesch, Telefon: +49 89 547088-373 and Johana Fernandez, Telefon: +49 89 547088-311
|Job Reference: ESK-2019-17||Closing Date:|