The Broadband & Broadcast (BB) department is active in the areas of mobile communications, satellite communications, Internet-of-Things and automotive communication systems. We take new concepts and algorithms from theory, implement them and test them in simulations and in prototypes in our labs and in the field. For instance, we operated a LTE-Advanced network with commercial equipment, which we use to check the interoperability of our prototypes with the LTE standard. Currently we are developing a 5G New Radio Testbed with base-station (gNB) and user equipment (UE) for advanced research topics. In short, the BB department establishes a bridge between communication theory and its employment in practice.
In order to meet the constantly growing needs for higher data rates and speeds, the standardization organization 3GPP introduced carrier aggregation in LTE release 10. Carrier aggregation still plays a crucial role for NR use cases. The main motivation for this topic is to understand MAC layer functionalities (scheduling, resource block assignment, HARQ) and implement them in the current system level simulator (SLS). Afterwards, different Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) like throughput and latency will be measured to observe the effect of using carrier aggregation.
Your responsibilities: You …
- understand MAC layer functionalities
- understand SLS concept and structure
- understand and implement carrier aggregation in the NR system level simulator
- evaluate implementations through different KPIs like throughput and latency
What we expect from youYou …
- have very good knowledge in wireless communications
- have very good knowledge in Matlab (mandatory)
- have knowledge in LTE / 5G NR
What you can expect from us
- An open and cooperative working environment
- Collaboration in interesting and innovative projects
- Many opportunities to gain practical experience
The thesis will be assigned and carried out in accordance with the rules of your university. For this reason, please discuss the internship with a professor who can advise you over the course of the project.
The duration for the bachelor thesis / internship should be 3-6 months and it can be start as soon as possible.
Applications are possible in German and English. Please include a cover letter, your CV and your latest transcripts of records (as PDF) and quote ID number 47726. Address your application to Nina Wörlein.
Please let us know how you learned about this job opportunity.
|Job Reference: 47726||Closing Date:|