The Fraunhofer Institute for Reliability and Microintegration, IZM, is one of the leading institutes worldwide in the field of electronic packaging, RF design and system-integration of microsystems. The department of RF & Smart Sensor Systems at IZM carries out cutting-edge research and development on RF design and test of miniaturized hardware modules for high-speed computing, wireless communication and radar sensing as well as on system design for autonomous wireless sensor nodes. This department has state-of-the-art laboratories for high frequency characterization of materials, components and modules for these applications
Your future tasks include the following:
- Support research engineers and scientists in planning, execution and documentation of high frequency measurements
- Lab organization, including operation planning, scheduling of measurements and quality control of measurements
What we expect from you
- Training as laboratory assistant or in a similar field
- Interest in preparing, executing, analysing and documentation of high-frequency measurements using the following:
- Vector network analyser
- Wafer-probing station
- Antenna measurement system
- Signal generator
- Preferably, experience as a laboratory manager
- Proficient knowledge of the German language
- Flexible, responsible personality and a good team player
What you can expect from us
- State-of-the-art laboratory equipment for RF/millimeter wave characterization
- Interdisciplinary work environment with specialists in the area of packaging technology for micro-integration, thermal and thermo-mechanical design
- Promotion of professional and personal development
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
This vacancy is also available on a part-time basis.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
|Job Reference: IZM-2019-2022||Closing Date:|