While materials engineering is traditionally based on experiments and modelling, the digital revolution is changing that dramatically. Materials 4.0 is the right catchword. Semantic big data will help to accelerate the introduction of innovations for new materials and components to the market. What we need are better and innovative big data, digitalization, cloud, machine learning and artificial intelligence approaches!
Therefore, we are looking for you to join our multidisciplinary team of materials scientists, physicists, chemists and computer scientists to develop software algorithms and data-space solutions for today’s and tomorrow's materials science. If you are interested in deepening your multidisciplinary scientific knowledge, you also have the option to do your doctorate degree as well, however this is not mandatory (we welcome Bachelor or Master degree holders or postdocs with proper experience to apply).
Your tasks include:
What we expect from you
- Completed university study in Computer Science, Materials Science or similar
- Very good knowledge of programming, at least one language (e.g. Python, C++), as well as Linu
- Good knowledge in one or more of the following areas is an advantage:
- Implementation of web-based user interfaces (e.g. Angular-based)
- Databases (SQL or NoSQL, like MongoDB, PostgreSQL)
- Virtualization technologies (e.g. Docker) and cloud systems
- Structured data spaces based on markup languages (JSON, YAML, OWL, RDF)
What you can expect from us
- Top working conditions
- Excellent career building paths
- A dynamic working environment in a young team of computer scientists, physicists, chemical, mechanical and material engineers
- An innovative research institute with diverse, high practical topics with relevance for the industry
- Work-life balance through flexible working hours and support services to reconcile family and career
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Company-supported external and internal fitness and leisure activities
The working time consists of 39 hours per week - PhD 80% (31.2).
The position is initially limited for 2 years.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
This vacancy is also available on a part-time basis.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization and was awarded "Top 1 Employer Germany" in the research category of the Trendence graduate barometer in 2019. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
If you have any questions about this position, please contact our HR department:
Phone: +49 761 5142-277; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply online! (CV with certificates of academic degrees and grades)
|Job Reference: IWM-2019-58||Closing Date:|