Support us to actively shape the future of autonomous systems. Contribute to enabling dependable AI-based automobiles, machines, and production facilities (link). In addition, with us you will collaborate with the world’s best scientists. Your results will come alive in products of leading companies, and thereby you will take your part in shaping a safe future. Just take a look at: https://www.esk.fraunhofer.de/en.html
For qualified applicants we provide the environment to pursue a PhD.
What we expect from you
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar studies
- Interest and curiosity in self-responsible scientific research
- Communication and cooperation skills
- Programming experience (e.g. C/C++, Java, Linux, etc.)
- Preferably, knowledge in model-driven development or embedded software engineering
- Good language skills in German and English
What you can expect from us
- Your chance to actively shape the future
- A unique combination of excellent science and application
- The possibility to attain the doctorate
- Gain insight in various industrial sectors and companies
- A systematic training program, which will accelerate your professional and personal development
- Flexible compatibility of private life and work (according to the TVöD – the public-sector collective wage agreement, holiday entitlement of 30 days, flexible working hours, compensatory working time, accessibility to a day care center, holiday care for children, etc.).
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Fraunhofer ESK undertakes application-oriented research on tomorrow’s topics: Cognitive Systems, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. Our main focus is on software engineering for safety-critical applications in the automotive and Industry 4.0 sectors. To this end, we develop dependable software technologies. In order to further expand our topics, a new Fraunhofer Institute in Munich on the basis of the former Fraunhofer ESK will be established – The Fraunhofer Institute for Cognitive Systems.
If we could arise your interest, please apply exclusively through the career page on our website with all the necessary documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, and certificates).
Technical questions will be answered gladly by
Telefon: +49 89 547088-348
All other questions will be answered gladly by
Kirsten Plesch, Telefon: +49 89 547088-373 and Johana Fernandez, Telefon: +49 89 547088-311
|Job Reference: ESK-2019-23||Closing Date:|