Development and experimental evaluation of innovative classical and quantum optical communication systems
What we expect from you
- You hold an outstanding scientific degree (e.g. master degree) in electrical engineering or related fields
- in-depth knowledge of photonics, optical components (laser, modulators, photodetectors), single-photon processing, optical propagation, high-speed electronics
- lab experience to generate, transmit and receive optical signals
- good programming skills (e.g., C/C++, Python, VHDL, Matlab, …)
- ability to model systems and to perform their experimental verification
- considered as assets: experience in the acquisition of EU and ESA funded projects.
We are looking for creative, highly motivated, proactive, target-oriented and analytical thinkers.
What you can expect from usYou will carry out research projects on quantum and classical optical communications. Both fiber and free-space channels are considered. You will exploit the project results for dissemination, production of intellectual property and acquisition of new research projects. We offer the possibility to work on a PhD if you do not have one.
The working time consists of 39 hours per week.
The position is initially limited for 2 years.
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
If you have any questions about this position, please contact:
Dr. Nicolas Perlot
Please submit your application documents (master/doctoral degree certificates, employment references, CV, etc.) via our recruitment portal. Your application cannot be considered without the relevant supporting evidence.
|Job Reference: HHI-2019-67||Closing Date: 15.11.2019|