Industrial production processes require, above all, reliable communication systems that can operate in real time to ensure uninterrupted production – particularly in the case of wireless communication. The scientists in our Department of Broadband and Broadcast work with partners from the business world and take part in funding projects to develop and standardize state-of-the-art radio technologies that fulfill these industrial requirements.
Are you interested in developing and standardizing wireless communication systems as part of Industry 4.0?
If so, we have the perfect position for you!
We will give you the opportunity to develop and standardize innovative telecommunications systems. To do so, you will primarily develop system concepts and architectures for radio systems and prepare them for standardization. You will also represent these technologies on the relevant standardization committees.
What we expect from youA scientific degree in engineering, preferably in the field of telecommunications
- Experience of radio systems used in the industrial environment (e.g. mobile communications, Wi-Fi, WiSA, WirelessHART)
- Experience of standardization and standardization committees (e.g. 3GPP, ETSI, IEEE)
- Expertise in and experience of developing, analyzing and simulating radio systems
- Strong command of written and spoken German and English
The following would also be advantageous
- A desire to contribute your own ideas and visions
- Knowledge of networks, particularly the higher OSI layers of common communication systems (e.g. Wi-Fi, industrial communication, mobile communications)
- Expertise in digital signal processing
- Knowledge of industrial fieldbuses (e.g. Profinet, EtherCAT, Sercos)
What you can expect from usBy participating in diverse projects with a high level of practical relevance, you can help design the technology of the future. We offer an
open and friendly work environment and extensive training options that can be tailored to your specific needs. We promote a healthy work/life balance through flexible working hours and various support options.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
|Job Reference: IIS-2019-138||Closing Date:|