Join us in the exciting world of Spoken Language Processing
You will develop, implement, evaluate and document algorithms for text-to-speech synthesis. Further, you will help integrating and testing prototypes that operate with your algorithms. You will furthermore create specifications and technical documentation for the software that you develop and create scientific publications and presentations. You will also communicate and coordinate activities with project partners and internal and external stakeholders.
The »Audio and Media Technologies« department develops world-class audio processing technology. Audio and media technologies at Fraunhofer IIS are one of the largest organizations in the world for audio and speech processing. Over 200 engineers and scientists develop first-rate audio technology, which is sold world-wide, in Europe, USA, China, Korea and Japan.
In the past 25 years, Fraunhofer IIS repeatedly won international competitions in the audio and media field: e.g. with mp3 and codecs of the AAC-family. You will be part of the Audio and Media Team.
What we expect from you
- Master’s degree with experience as outlined
- Expertise in data-driven technologies for text-to-speech synthesis
- Collaboration experience, preferably with interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Know-how in deep learning is a plus
- Know-how in audio signal processing is a plus
What you can expect from us
- The opportunity to bring your own ideas and to help create project concepts
- Involvement in diverse activities and the chance to assume responsibility within interdisciplinary teams
- An open and friendly working atmosphere
- Flexible hours and access to various services for a proper work-life balance
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Have we piqued your interest?
Then please apply online – quoting the reference number IIS-2020-25
Please submit your application online via our career portal:
Information about the institute is available on the internet at:
|Job Reference: IIS-2020-25||Closing Date:|