You are fascinated by language assistants and you would like to be part of the excitement?
Then Fraunhofer IIS is the right place for you.
As a new member of our »Spoken Language Processing« group, you will be part of the development team of our cloud platform for voice assistants. You will be actively involved in the development of the platform and the integration of the language processing components.
You will also analyze and evaluate current technologies in the cloud and web environment with regard to their applicability.
For over 30 years, the institute’s Audio and Media Technologies division has been shaping the globally deployed standards and technologies in the fields of audio and
moving picture production. Starting with the creation of mp3 and continuing with the co-development of AAC and the Digital Cinema Initiative test plan, almost all consumer electronic devices, computers and mobile phones are equipped with systems and technologies from Erlangen today. Meanwhile, a new generation of best-in-class media technologies is elevating the user experience to new heights. Always taking into account the demands of the market, Fraunhofer IIS develops technology that makes memorable moments.
What we expect from you
- University degree in computer science or a related subject
- Experience in the development with Python, C, C++, Java or Go
- Willingness to become familiar with new technologies
- Ideally, you also have knowledge of the following topics:
- Frontend web frameworks (z. B. Angular, React, Vue usw.)
- Microservices and container virtualization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Websockets, RPC, RabbitMQ
What you can expect from us
- An open and friendly working environment in an international team
- Multi-year project in an exciting topic area of the future
- Competitive salary and company pension scheme
- Personal development through training programs
- Work-life-balance: flexible working hours and a range of offers to help you find a balance between private and professional life
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
This vacancy is also available on a part-time basis.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Have we piqued your interest?
Then please apply online – quoting the reference number IIS-2020-26 – via our career portal.
|Job Reference: IIS-2020-26||Closing Date:|