Become part of the new Centre for Cyber-Cognitive Intelligence (ZCCI) at Fraunhofer IPA. The ZCCI is concerned with research into and demonstration of technologies for machine learning and artificial intelligence for manufacturing as well as their implementation in real-world industrial applications. “Cyber-cognitive intelligence” means manufacturing systems being able to sense their state, initiate learning processes, generate and execute action plans in order in this way to guarantee an optimal manufacturing process.
- Development of new processes for machine learning and Deep Learning with applications in the manufacturing environment
- Evaluation of approaches based on cognitive technologies to address the issues of industrial partners
- Development of demonstrators, especially in the field of automation technology and robotics
- Realisation of and tie-in to cyber-physical manufacturing systems
- Use of optimised hardware (GPU) for machine learning
- Real-world implementation and testing in cooperation with industrial partners
- Publication of results at scientific conferences
Have we aroused your interest and would you like to get to know us better? With your application, you have the chance to learn everything about our work in our department during our selection days and to get to know your future colleagues in person. For more information, please check:
What we expect from you
- First-class Master’s degree in a MINT subject
- Initial experience in the field of machine learning / artificial intelligence
- Initial experience with sensors, cloud systems and container technologies would be useful
- Good programming skills in Python, C++, C# and/or Java
- Practical experience of toolkits such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow or Caffe
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills
- Confident demeanour and good communication skills
- Fluent German and good command of English
What you can expect from us
- Interesting assignments in applied research and development in close contact with industry
- Freedom to implement innovative ideas
- Professional and creative working environment in committed teams
- First-class testing facilities and a unique research infrastructure
- Personal development opportunities through a doctorate at University of Stuttgart
- Better compatibility of career and family through a day-care center, child care and support services in the area of child care and homecare / eldercare
- The position is initially limited to 2 years
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Phone +49 711 970-1154
Do you fit our job profile? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application on our online application system.
|Job Reference: IPA-2020-65||Closing Date: asap|