Do you have a passion for music or movies?
Are you interested in developing the latest audio and media technologies and applying them to future products?
In that case, we have the right position for you!
In this position, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the future of entertainment electronics, communication and media technologies. You develop algorithms that will one day make mobile telephone conversations sound crystal clear. You bring 3D sound to television, cars and virtual reality applications. You will give computers a voice, create artificial intelligence and help make science fiction reality. You will make sure that Hollywood can create and process digital motion pictures. And you develop production tools for lightfield recordings. These and many other exciting activities await you.
For over 30 years, the institute’s Audio and Media Technologies division has been shaping the globally deployed standards and technologies in the fields of audio and
moving picture production. Starting with the creation of mp3 and continuing with the co-development of AAC and the Digital Cinema Initiative test plan, almost all consumer electronic devices, computers and mobile phones are equipped with systems and technologies from Erlangen today. Meanwhile, a new generation of best-in-class media technologies is elevating the user experience to new heights. Always considering the demands of the market, Fraunhofer IIS develops technology that makes memorable moments.
What we expect from you
- University degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or related field
- Programming experience in C/C++ and/or MATLAB
- Ideally, knowledge of digital audio signal processing and the field of acoustics – alternatively, know-how in media production and image processing or experience in application development, particularly in Android or iOS environments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, which is required for international collaboration
What you can expect from us
- The chance to participate in the challenging development of new audio and media technologies
- Diverse projects with a high degree of real-world applicability
- Personal development through training and education programs
- Work-life balance (flexible working hours, programs that promote a balance between your personal and career life)
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Have we piqued your interest?
Please submit your application (cover letter, CV and grade sheets) online via our career portal.
Information about the institute is available online at: www.iis.fraunhofer.de
|Job Reference: IIS-2020-AME33||Closing Date:|