More and more movie theaters around the world are replacing traditional film reels with digital cinema. In line with this trend, the Fraunhofer IIS has developed software solutions for the creation and playback of Digital Cinema Packages (DCP). The creation of a DCP, however, requires considerable computing power and time. Ideally, this task can be shifted to any given period of time in the future – to a time when more computing resources are available, for instance. It would be even better if the many computing tasks involved could be distributed to several computers. The specific task is to develop and implement concepts that facilitate both of these scenarios. The project can also be used as the basis of a bachelor or master thesis.
Are you excited by the combination of research and practical application?
Then we have the right position for you: You…
- familiarize yourself with distributed computing concepts
- specify and develop the necessary extensions for the DCP Creator software
- do quality control, evaluation and documentation
What we expect from you
- You have good knowledge of C++ and network programming concepts
- You have got basic understanding of distributed systems
- You have got basic experience using the QT Framework (ideally)
What you can expect from us
- Flexible work arrangements for an ideal balance between your studies and practical experience
- The chance to work in a dedicated, interdisciplinary team
- An open and friendly work environment
- Diverse range of tasks
- The chance to be part of an organization-wide network with representatives from academia and industry
- In-depth insight into and active involvement in leading, application-oriented research
Applications are possible in German and English. Please include a cover letter, your CV and your latest transcripts of records (as PDF) and quote ID number 51552. Address your application to Nina Wörlein.
Please let us know how you learned about this job opportunity.
Additional information is available on our website:
|Job Reference: 51552-AME||Closing Date:|