More and more movie theaters around the world are replacing traditional film reels with digital cinema. In line with this trend, the Fraunhofer IIS has developed software solutions for the creation and playback of Digital Cinema Packages (DCP).
A new addition to the software suite is the Interoperable Master Package (IMP) capability, IMP formats typically being used for data transfer between film studios and post-production facilities. Today, cloud services such as AWS or Azure are often used for this. To make sure that existing software solutions are compatible with such cloud services, a new licensing mechanism is needed to ensure that product use can be properly monitored and controlled. The specific task is to develop and implement new concepts that enable existing solutions to communicate with cloud services as part of a user/software license management solution. The project can also be used as the basis of a bachelor or master thesis.
Are you excited by the combination of research and practical application?
Then we have the right position for you: You…
- familiarize yourself with different cloud services (e.g. AWS)
- specify and developing necessary extensions
- do quality control, evaluation and documentation
What we expect from you
- You have good knowledge of C++ and cloud development concepts
- You have got basic understanding of distributed systems
- You have got basic experience using the QT Framework (ideally)
What you can expect from us
- Flexible work arrangements for an ideal balance between your studies and practical experience
- The chance to work in a dedicated, interdisciplinary team
- An open and friendly work environment
- Diverse range of tasks
- The chance to be part of an organization-wide network with representatives from academia and industry
- In-depth insight into and active involvement in leading, application-oriented research
Applications are possible in German and English. Please include a cover letter, your CV and your latest transcripts of records (as PDF) and quote ID number 51554. Address your application to Nina Wörlein.
Please let us know how you learned about this job opportunity.
Additional information is available on our website:
|Job Reference: 51554-AME||Closing Date:|