Are you excited about the prospects of machine learning and artificial intelligence? Do you relish opportunities to tackle tough challenges and come up with creative solutions on your own?
Then we might just have the job for you!
As a member of the Innovative System Design group, you will research innovative 3D image processing solutions (including segmentation of 3D CT voxel data sets) based on current machine learning methods. To this end, you will develop software and algorithms and apply them to large voxel data sets generated by the high-energy XXL CT at the Fürth site. You will also collaborate with customers to prototype the algorithms you have developed.
What we expect from you
- A university degree in an engineering, technology or science-related field
- Good knowledge of machine learning, deep learning and/or current reinforcement learning methods
- Proficiency in Python
- The ability to distribute large amounts of data across computing clusters
- Experience with relevant libraries (e.g. TensorFlow, Caffe, Theano, Keras)
- Knowledge of computer vision and OpenCV; tracking and SLAM skills are an advantage
- The ability to think analytically and handle complexity
- A passion for scientific investigations and scientific methodology
- Very good oral and written communication skills in both German and English
What you can expect from usWe offer a very attractive working environment in a highly innovative key sector. You will work as part of a committed team, contributing your ideas and enjoying opportunities and the leeway to be creative. Regular training courses and optimally equipped facilities come as standard, as does the collegial corporate culture that shapes our work.
The »Application-specific Methods and Systems AMS« department develops sensor technology, methods and systems to solve problems in materials research and development. The first priority is to design, develop and deliver novel X-ray systems or subsystems tailored to the given customer’s requirements. These efforts focus on systems serving to analyze structures and processes. The primary target groups are universities, non-university research institutes, laboratories and industrial R&D departments.
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
We look forward to your application!
Please use our online portal to submit your full, written application (cover letter, résumé and relevant certificates as PDFs), citing reference number IIS-2020-43, to: Nina Wörlein.
|Job Reference: IIS-2020-43||Closing Date:|