Are you interested in immersive audio coding, multimedia formats for production and storage of immersive content and interactive audio experiences? Do you love programming and want to help develop and standardize professional worldwide formats?
In that case, we have the right job for you!
In the Audio Department of the »Audio and Media Technologies« Division at Fraunhofer IIS, you will have the chance to develop the software for the next generation of worldwide audio formats for live broadcast and post-production use cases. You will plan and design software architectures and create, implement, and test various audio and transport formats. In addition, you will implement software modules for various platforms together with an international team using agile methods and techniques. The products of our work are deployed worldwide in professional audio encoders and decoders, production and post-production tools.
What we expect from youThe following describes the ideal candidate for the position
- You have a university degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Natural Sciences
- You have at least two years of professional experience in C (and/or C++) programming
- You write clean and maintainable code that is verified by automated tests
- You have excellent analytic skills
- You have good oral and written communication skills in English
- You like working in a team
- Basic knowledge of digital signal processing would be helpful
- Basic knowledge in the field of audio coding and/or multimedia software would be helpful
- You can show your motivation for applying for this position
What you can expect from usThe Fraunhofer IIS offers a diverse and challenging field of work in an international environment, oriented toward state-of-the-art research and technology, with the opportunity for personal and professional development.
Furthermore, we offer work-life balance through flexible work hours and various support programs.
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Have we piqued your interest?
Then please submit your online application right here:
|Job Reference: IIS-2020-AME47||Closing Date:|