Support us to actively shape the future of autonomous systems. Contribute to enabling dependable AI-based automobiles, machines, medical devices and production facilities (link). In addition, with us you will collaborate with the world’s best scientists. Your results will come alive in products of leading companies, and thereby you will take your part in shaping a safe future. Just take a look at: https://www.iks.fraunhofer.de/en.html
For qualified applicants we provide the environment to pursue a PhD.
What we expect from you
- Master’s degree in computer science, mathematics or similar studies
- Interest and curiosity in self-responsible scientific research
- Communication and cooperation skills
- Programming experience (e.g. Python, C++, etc.)
- Preferably, knowledge in machine learning, artificial intelligence
- Good language skills in German and English
What you can expect from us
- Your chance to actively shape the future
- A unique combination of excellent science and application
- The possibility to attain the doctorate
- Gain insight in various industrial sectors and companies
- A systematic training program, which will accelerate your professional and personal development
- Flexible compatibility of private life and work (according to the TVöD – the public-sector collective wage agreement, holiday entitlement of 30 days, flexible working hours, compensatory working time, accessibility to a day care center, holiday care for children, etc.).
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
The Fraunhofer Institute for Cognitive Systems IKS conducts applied research into the topics of tomorrow: artificial intelligence, cognitive systems and intelligent software architectures for autonomous systems. Our primary focus is safety-critical applications in the areas of Industry 4.0 and automotive, as well as mobile machines and commercial vehicles. We thus develop dependable software technologies for people. For instance, we examine how artificial intelligence can be validated so that it can be utilized even in autonomous vehicles, human-robot interaction and medical instruments. That means we’re paving the way for a dependable digital world.
If we could arise your interest, please apply exclusively through the career page on our website with all the necessary documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, and certificates).
Technical questions will be answered gladly by
Mr. Dipl.-Inf. Dipl.-Ing. Roscher
Telefon: +49 89 547088-349
All other questions will be answered gladly by
Kirsten Plesch, Telefon: +49 89 547088-373 and Johana Fernandez, Telefon: +49 89 547088-311
|Job Reference: IKS-2020-8||Closing Date:|