Our Broadband and Broadcast department conducts research into mobile communications, broadcasting, microwave transmission, and industrial and automotive communication. Our mission is to transfer new concepts from basic research into application. In the process, we cover the entire spectrum from writing algorithms and building prototypes and demonstrators to developing products and ASICs. We also use the results of simulations to break new ground in the standardization of mobile communications systems.
You will pursue work on 3GPP standardization in the fields of IoT/URLLC, make an in-depth study of the technical specifications and present these to the team. This work includes independently preparing technical and scientific articles as well as solutions relating to technological problems. You will then use simulation to map these solutions and validate them. In addition, you will supervise students writing final-year papers on this topic.
What we expect from you
- A degree in electrical engineering or IT
- Good knowledge of the LTE mobile communications standard Knowledge of the technical specifications of NR mobile communication (focus: layer 1/2) is a plus
- Experience with IoT/URLLC as it relates specifically to mobile communications, and link- or system-level simulation is desired
- Strong command of English for working in an international environment Command of German is advantageous
- You enjoy creative and collaborative work, developing new ideas and an open exchange of ideas as part of a team
What you can expect from us
- Diverse and practical projects: help us shape the future of mobile communications
- Research freedom and professional development through further training and education
- A good work-life balance (flexible working hours, support in balancing private life and career)
- Equal opportunity employer of both men and women
The position is initially limited for two years.
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
The Communication Systems division at Fraunhofer IIS researches and develops innovative communication solutions for applications in digital radio, Internet of Things (IoT), satellite communication, mobile broadband communication, public safety and security, and automotive. In all these areas, we make it possible for people and systems to communicate around the world. The Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS is a world leader in applied research, developing and providing microelectronic and IT system solutions and services. Today, it is the largest institute of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft.
Interested? We look forward to receiving your application.
Please submit it to Ms. Meike Hillenbrand via our online application portal.
|Job Reference: IIS-2020-62||Closing Date: none|