Do you want to teach computers to talk?
Join us in the exciting world of voice assistants and conversational AI.
As part of our team, you will develop methods for natural language processing in user-centered dialog systems for a variety of tasks and domains. Furthermore, you may integrate and evaluate NLP components of voice assistant prototypes that you helped to develop. You will also communicate and coordinate activities with project partners as well as internal and external stakeholders.
The »Audio and Media Technologies« department develops world-class audio processing technology. Audio and media technologies at Fraunhofer IIS is one of the largest organizations in the world for audio and speech processing. Over 200 engineers and scientists develop first-rate audio technology which is sold worldwide, in Europe, USA, China, Korea and Japan.
In the past 25 years, Fraunhofer IIS repeatedly won international competitions in the audio and media field: e.g. with mp3 and codecs of the AAC-family. You will be part of the Natural Language User Interfaces activities of the Audio and Media team.
What we expect from you
- PhD in Computer Science or work experience on Senior level with focus on natural language processing, computational linguistics or in a related field
- Profound knowledge of natural language processing, computational linguistics and deep learning
- Excellent skills in Python
- Hands-on experience with machine learning frameworks, e.g. TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
What you can expect from us
- Opportunities to bring your ideas into life and contribute to product-ready solutions for our industry partners
- Opportunities to push frontiers in research and applications of natural language processing
- Involvement in diverse activities and the chance to assume responsibility within interdisciplinary teams
- An open and friendly work atmosphere
- Flexible hours and access to various services for a proper work-life-balance
- Working in a vibrant research environment
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Have we piqued your interest?
Then please submit your online application (cover letter, CV, and references) right here.
|Job Reference: IIS-2020-74||Closing Date:|