- Developing quantum machine learning algorithms
- Investigating error mitigation for NISQ devices
- Participating in cooperation projects with industry and research
- Managing project assignments and/or supervising students
- Divulging research results in scientific publications, lectures and by attending outreach activities aimed at the general public (e.g., events, trade fairs, etc.)
What we expect from you
- A scientific degree in a subject such as Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics. A doctorate is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge in the field of Machine Learning/Deep Learning
- Confident Python skills
- Professional experience in industry or research
- Confident spoken and written English and German
What you can expect from usFraunhofer is the largest application-oriented research organization in Europe. In 2019, it was distinguished as Germany’s number one employer in both the Trendence Graduate Barometer (in the “Research” and “Public sector” categories) and in the Randstad Employer Brand Research ranking.
- We value innovative ideas and pursue novel solutions. Join us to play a part in shaping the future.
- We will help you develop personalized soft skills and specialist training.
- We are a family-friendly employer. Sometimes family takes precedence – we get that
Quantum Machine Learning is a young, emerging research field at the intersection between AI and quantum computing. Driven by the results of recent efforts to demonstrate a quantum advantage, the focus of the research community is on developing novel quantum algorithms for today’s non-ideal quantum computers. Our goal at the Self-Learning Systems group is to make adaptive quantum algorithms usable for Reinforcement Learning. We use Deep Learning in combination with Reinforcement Learning techniques and methods from reliable and explainable Artificial Intelligence (AI). In addition, we work on techniques for distributed and continuous learning and reduction of model complexity using deep compression.
Employment, remuneration, and social benefits are in line with the collective bargaining agreement for the public sector (TVöD). The position is initially offered as a two-year contract. Candidates with severe disabilities will be given preference in the event of equal qualifications. The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft is committed to providing equal career opportunities for men and women.
Interested in joining us? We look forward to receiving your application, which you can submit using our online application portal. Please note that we can only process complete applications (cover letter, CV, and certificates/transcripts).
|Job Reference: IIS-2020-85||Closing Date:|