A crucial requirement of industrial production processes is reliable, real-time communication so as to enable uninterrupted production. This is particularly true where communication takes place wirelessly. That is why researchers at our Broadband and Broadcast Department work with industry partners or in funded projects to develop and standardize cutting-edge wireless technologies capable of satisfying these industrial requirements.
Are you interested in developing wireless communication systems in collaboration with Industry 4.0?
Then we have the right job for you!
As part of our development team for wireless communication systems, you will...
- contribute to needs analysis
- develop FPGAs using VHDL
- carry out SoC integration in a Xilinx environment (ZynQ, Linux, RtOS)
- simulate, verify, validate and document your FPGA designs
- implement and test your development patterns.
What we expect from you
- A scientific degree in Communications Engineering, Information and Communication Technology or an equivalent subject
- Multiple years of experience in FPGA development using VHDL
- Familiarity with current design tools for hardware-based programming (ModelSim, Vivado, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of hardware-based software development, basic knowledge of C and hardware-based operating systems
- Enthusiasm for future-oriented technologies and an interest in contributing your own ideas and concepts.
- Good command of written and spoken German and English
What you can expect from usBy working on multifaceted projects with a high degree of practical relevance, you will have the opportunity to play a part in actively shaping the technology of tomorrow. We offer you an open, collegial work environment and a broad range of opportunities for continuing professional development to suit your individual needs. We help you achieve a healthy work-life balance by offering flexible working times and a variety of programs designed to align home life and professional responsibilities.
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
This vacancy is also available on a part-time basis.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
|Job Reference: IIS-2021-44||Closing Date: none|